Southwest Colorado Council of Governments (SWCCOG)
This project is being financed with the assistance of a Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) grant for broadband planning and preliminary design and engineering services.
NEO’s Scope of Work
NEO is currently working with the SWCCOG in the broadband plan for the five-county region, including the counties and communities within Montezuma, Dolores, San Juan, La Plata and Archuleta Counties. Our scope of work includes community engagement, preliminary design and engineering plan for a regional network with carrier neutral facilities and estimated capital costs for numerous business models for consideration. These include a regional Middle-Mile network, a network that extends to anchor institutions and finally, a FTTP strategies for each community.
- Stakeholder and Community Engagement Meetings
- White paper on Benefits of Community Advanced Broadband Networks
- Mapping of existing assets
- Network Planning and Route Development
- Ownership models, business models\
- Business and financial planning, public-private partnerships
The plan will address bringing redundant and abundant broadband to the five-county Region in Colorado, making broadband more accessible and affordable.